Support Friends of Brook Park!
Show your Support for Friends of Brook Park
Friends of Brook Park needs your help.
As 2009 comes to a wintry end, we reflect on what a great year it has been here. While we are proud to bring you our environmental programs, we need your support to keep us going. Whether you've known us for 2 months or our ten years, now is a great time to help us out with a generous end-of-year donation.
Your contribution is fully tax-deductible and will go directly to offering nature education activities, making New York a greener, healthier place to live.
Donate now and up to $2,500 will be matched! Think about who does more with few resources. Click here to give on-line now.
In the words of a seventh grader:
By doing what you do, you and your team are saving the community and a lot of animals. The tomatoes and the spicy peppers were very good. Also the scented plants smelled really good. It was very interesting because I never thought that plants that don’t have flowers have a nice smell, like the leaves that I ate which was peppermint plant. I also liked the little fire you made for us and all the people that were going in the park. I had so much fun moving the heavy logs around and fixing them so the garden could look prettier. The garden made me feel really relaxed.
Your support has helped us:
* Continue to expand a model of urban farming, with hundreds of youth involved in organic gardening with local and city-wide schools and groups like ASPIRA
* Expand our growing area and move forward on the brook restoration project with Gaia Institute
* Advance a new park on the Harlem River, convening meetings with a Parks Commissioner and two City Council Members
* Restore the shoreline by designing and planting hundreds of native species with NYC Council on the Environment, Sustainable South Bronx and Waste Management
* Jumpstart the Harlem River Working Group, over fifty stakeholders invested in the long-term enhancement of this vital waterway
* Spearheaded challenges to rezoning and inappropriate infrastructures that would block waterfront access and navigation
* Hosting many arts and indigenous cultural gatherings uniting a diverse array of people with groups like Vamos La Pena and United Confederation of Taino People
* Engaging in city and state-wide, regional, national and international efforts about Climate Change
We know this is a busy time of year, but please take a moment to give right now, knowing that you've done your part to support an organization you care about and a cause you believe in.
Click here to support Friends of Brook Park today.
As the year ends, we at FoBP want to thank those of you who have helped us this year with contributions of much-needed funding, volunteer time, and personal support.
You sustain us.
Harry J. Bubbins
P.S. Friends of Brook Park is a 501(c)(3) organization - your donation is deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. Please remember to make your contribution by December 31 for a 2009 tax deduction.
P.P.S. Even if you don't feel like you can give a lot, being part of the behind-the-scenes support system helps us more than you'd imagine. One more person can make a big difference. Please contact me if you can volunteer. Gardeners, proposal researchers and writers, designers, educators and artists, and people with other skills are always needed. You can also pass on this appeal to your networks with a personal note.
P.P.P. S. Keep reviewing our updated blog at: www.friendsofbrookpark.org/blog
Please give at the bottom of this page here: http://www.friendsofbrookpark.org/donations
Or Donate by Mail:
Friends of Brook Park
PO Box 801
The South Bronx, NY 10454
You can also help by by sharing this appeal with your network of friends and family, on Facebook too. If you have used the garden or the rivers, or just appreciate what we do, please email this letter out with a personal note to your friends and colleagues and families.
Some companies have a matching grant fund, please inquire about that at your place of work.
Thanks again for all you do.
Friends of Brook Park