Friends of Brook Park: World Beneath the Pavement

A living blog and composting archive of updates, fun announcements, crucial reports and other wonderful information for new volunteers, recent participants and stalwart supporters alike!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Day In Brook Park: by the Green Team teens


Today in Brook Park I helped clean the Park. I helped clean up th park by holding the garbage bag while Tevin and Sandy put the trash in. I also broke up some wood with a sledge hammer and an axe. i was breaking up wood for the campfire. After that the little kids came and I showed them why we were picking up wood chips. So that is how my day went at Brook Park. We were picking up the woochips so we can cover the weeds and they can't grow.
--Terron

Today we planted. We planted peppers, etc. We pulled out the weeds. We then made holes for the plants. Fill them with water. Open up the roots and planted the plants. then my back started to hurt so I stopped. Plus I have been getting bad news so I am in no mood to work.
--Sandy