Friends of Brook Park: World Beneath the Pavement

A living blog and composting archive of updates, fun announcements, crucial reports and other wonderful information for new volunteers, recent participants and stalwart supporters alike!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

2008 Green Team Starts Again




Alicia--
Today I learned about how contributing to the world around you can benefit your community. Also, that it is very difficult to chop wood. Sitting down near the camp fire was fun, but next time we should roast marshmallows. Overall today was a good day. I'm going to enjoy this internship.

Jordan Jasmine--
Today our internship project at Brook Park was very interesting. I got to chop wood with friends. I walked the path of hope. I also sat down around the camp fre and helped build the fire. I had an interesting time and made friends with Emily and Harry. I also raked leaves.

Elijah--
Today we learned how to start a fire with sticks. Also we raked some hay out of the flower beds to leave dirt at the surface then cut some wood and walked through the circle.

Rolando--
Today in internship I did some work picking up compost. I had fun chopping wood and we went in a maze to find a way to the middle.

Nandini--
Today was a very cold windy day to be out in Brook Park. It was interesting and cool. We took all the hay out of the banks. We built a fire. We walked the labyrinth. It felt good to release some stress.

Labels: