Friends of Brook Park: World Beneath the Pavement

A living blog and composting archive of updates, fun announcements, crucial reports and other wonderful information for new volunteers, recent participants and stalwart supporters alike!

Friday, June 01, 2007

Canoe Group Paddle Testimonial



Looking over my shoulder and watching a nearly full moon rise over the East River was one of many special moments I experienced when myself and nine other friends from The Indypendent newspaper went on a late-Saturday afternoon canoe ride. It was also a great experience for us collectively as well-- being able to step out of our normal newspaper producing drive and share the beauty and the camaraderie of the canoe ride. Kudos again to Friends of Brook Park for making this all possible. I would recommend it to anybody with the slightest interest in the outdoors

John Tarleton, NYC Indymedia
______
Seeing the city from the East River was a trip. It's so easy to forget
we're surrounded by water in this city. FoBP managed to get our motley
crew to work together to make this great adventure happen. How many
people can say they've wheeled a canoe through the Bronx? Riding back
on the glassy water at dusk, a freight train on the tracks next to us,
and a sunset view of the city was a sight I never thought I'd see. I'm
always amazed how resourceful and creative New Yorkers can be, and this
just clinched it. It was a blast, and I kept thinking, this is really
special, all the while with a big grin on my face. Thanks FoBP!

Ryan

Labels: , , ,