Friends of Brook Park: World Beneath the Pavement

A living blog and composting archive of updates, fun announcements, crucial reports and other wonderful information for new volunteers, recent participants and stalwart supporters alike!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bronx Helpers Write to Us



New Settlement¹s Bronx Helper Program Writes...

By Kayla M.
New Settlement¹s Bronx Helper
August 2007

When I went to Brook Park it was fun because I got to help out the
garden and at the same time I got to climb a tree and swing from the vines and
I also got to eat and try new things. My group, J.A.K. had the job of digging holes and pulling vines. Altogether it was a fun and new experience. I
got to be on T.V. That was the icing on the cake and a good end to the day.

By Akilah M.
New Settlement¹s Bronx Helper
August 2007

In Brook Park we learned about different plants and saw some that we
never heard of before. We even got to taste some of them, like
Peppermint, Spearmint and Basil. They all were very strong. Then we swung
on a vine and a tree but it was too low to the ground. There were three
workgroups. My group was J.A.K., for the first letter of our names. Š Then
we pulled vines from the gate because it was choking the plants around it.
While we were there a reporter from Bronx News 12 was there to interview us
and watch us. Then we climbed a tree. I had a great time at Brook Park.
The End.